Sunday, October 25, 2015

Skinny Bitch

"Real women have curves!"

"Real men like curves, only dogs like bones!"

"Did you see the ass on her??  She needs to put down that sandwich!"

"Selena Gomez, fat shamed!"

Body shaming.  Man, this one gets under my skin.  Whenever I see this type of stuff on social media, it makes me just want to scream and throw things.  It is never, ever, ever OK to make comments about someone's body.  Ever.  It is never, ever, ever OK to call someone a skinny bitch or that only dogs like bones.  Ever.  It is never, ever, ever OK to tell someone that they are fat or say "you have such a pretty face but..."  Ever.  I've been on both ends of the body shaming game and I can tell you, neither side feels great and it's this kind of stuff that perpetuates body issues for women.  Oh...and for the next person who chooses to body shame me?  I will roundhouse kick you into next week.

My body, my business.  Your body, your business. 

The End.





1 comment:

Char said...

I've never really been on the end of comments about size - well, not since I was a teenager and I must say those comments stuck with me for a really long time. You're right - it's never anyone's place to say anything about your size.