Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Follow Your Gut

I will never ignore my gut instinct again, I tell ya.  Today after work, I was going to do one of my favourite things on earth - get my hair cut.  I love my hairdresser...wait a sec, seems I love everyone!  My RMT, my physio...hee hee.  I've been seeing her for about 10 years now and we get along like a house on fire.  She knows my hair super well and I just luuuuuuuv how easy it falls into place when it's freshly cut.  Anyways, I stopped off at Safeway on the way home to pick up some hummus for an after work get together I'm going to Wed night...and this weird thought suddenly came into my head.  I was thinking about how people by chance miss something (or something happens to them) because they happen to be somewhere where they normally aren't or shouldn't be.  I then thought hmmm...maybe I shouldn't stop at Safeway, and I should just head straight to the hairdressers....cuz...I don't know...I just....

BLAMMO!  Some lady rear ends me.   I almost hit the lady in front of me but I slammed on my brakes and allllmost hit her but luckily didn't...but the lady hit me with enough force that my head totally snapped back in my car.  We got out and exchanged numbers - and it turns out I know this lady's daughter!  She was apologetic and I thought you know...why freak out...it was an accident.  My car had a bit of damage but we're settling outside of ICBC.   The weird thing? Hubs had the same thing happen to him two weeks ago!  He just bought a new car...but luckily, no damage to his.  The lady who hit him was not that nice though...when he got out and asked to see her driver's license, she refused to give it to him and snarled at him "what, are you a cop?"  Beeyotch.

Anyways - my gut has never led me wrong ever and I wish I'd listened to it on more than just this occasion.  So why am I blathering on about this, you ask...my gut is telling me to change to the half marathon and today's little incident was a reminder to listen to what my gut says, it's never led me astray.  The last really long run I did was August 28th (32K) - I missed two weeks of working out including my 35K run because I was sick, and haven't run more than 22K since because of my foot - I'm  not sure I feel ready.  Space is running out in the half too, so I'm a bit under the gun to make a decision - they might be sold out by Saturday, and then I have to wait until race weekend to see if I can squeeze myself into the half as they hold some spots for injuries.  Arggh, this is tough - do I go with my gut?  Or do I trust in my training and hope I can pull it out - but maybe risk injury?  Decisions, decisions...

No comments: