Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sign Me Up!

That Goddess Run totally has my running juices flowing again!  I was pretty happy with my time all things considered, and started thinking that if I really worked at it...really trained hard, was disciplined with my food (and dropped a little extra weight) and made a concentrated effort to work on my exercises and form...that a 1:50 half could possibly be within my reach.

I've mentioned before that I have a great trainer named Jason at my bootcamp...well, he's also a very well known clinic instructor in town, and I really like his style.  Upbeat, encouraging but tough...I decided to check out the clinics where he works, Peninsula Runners.  The summer clinics start June 13th...perfect!  I'm away in Chicago next week so I'll miss the first class and have a few scheduling conflicts, but for the most part it fits perfectly.  These clinics were designed to fill a gap that other clinics neglect, which is to get faster...and that's exactly what I'm looking to do...sign me up!  I don't seem to be able to get out to do any speedwork or hill training and truth be told, I'm not sure what to do or how to go about things, so I decided that signing up for a clinic was probably the smartest thing to do.  Coincidentally, I saw this post from Beth over at Shut Up and Run and thought it was a sign for me to just go out and do it...perfect timing.

The clinics are on Wednesday nights and Sundays for the long run.  I don't seem to have an issue with the long runs and don't want to make Hubs run on his own, so I plan on continuing with Saturday long runs with him but attending the Wednesday night sessions.  It'll be cool to meet some new folks too!  I know it'd be easier to get to know people if I did the long runs too, but I really enjoy my running time with Hubs.  I can have my cake and eat it too, right? 

So tomorrow I'm getting my butt over to the store and registering.  It's going to be clinic city as I start my sessions with Marilyn at Mindful Strides pretty soon too.  So excited!

Oh...and Happy National Running Day! 

2 comments:

Char said...

I think you'll love training in a group. And it'll definitely help make you run faster. And running friends are the best friends in the world.

Unknown said...

I so didn't think I was into group running until I forced myself to do it. I still love running solo but when I'm working towards a big goal, nothing works better to keep that motivation going than doing it with other people. Very cool. Good luck!