Saturday, November 17, 2012

Healthy Questions

Survey time!  You guys all know I can't resist these, so when I saw this on Janetha's blog I had to do it.  HAD to.

1.  What did you eat for breakfast?

A banana...Hubs and I were heading out for a run this morning so this was our usual pre-run snack.  Normally we have a protein shake...Arbonne vanilla flavoured protein powder, frozen blueberries, a handful of spinach and almond milk - delish!

2.  How much water do you drink a day?

At least two litres...I usually try to do one litre before lunch, one litre after lunch and then a few glasses with dinner.  I can really feel it when I don't drink enough water and find I crave it. 

3.  What is your current favourite workout?

Tabata!  I am loving the tabata classes that I'm taking at PISE (Pacific Institute of Sport Excellence).  It's a quick intense workout that combines strength and cardio and it's over in a flash.  Aaaaaaand the instructor Mark is a real cutie pie too.  Tee hee.

4.  How many calories do you eat a day?

It changes depending on what kind of workouts I have going on but I would say the average number of calories I eat in a day is probably around 1500 - 1600.

5.  What are your favourite healthy snacks?

I love apples and peanut butter, nuts, pumpkin seeds and mandarin oranges.

6.  What do you usually eat for lunch?

Our usual lunch of choice is some kind of protein (tuna salad, chicken breast, salmon) in a whole wheat wrap, cut veggies and fruit (whatever is seasonal). 

7.  What is your favourite body part to strength train?

Legs for sure, probably because I see results the fastest!

8.  What is your least favourite body part to strength train?

Abs.  Hate abs.  Blargh.

9.  What are your "bad" food cravings?

Always salty foods - chips, cheezies, instant noodles, and pizza are the baddie foods of choice for me. 

10.  Do you take vitamins or supplements?

I go on and off supplements - when we do take them, we take Vitamin C and D, coenzyme Q10, and omega 3s.  I usually do take a multivitamin and I always take some kind of green drink like Greens Plus.

11.  How often do you eat out?

Once a week, on our cheat day.

12.  Do you eat fast food?

You know it!  We don't eat at fast food places often, but I will admit I'm not averse to a Teen Burger and fries every now and then.  I'm not a food snob and am an equal opportunity eater.

13.  Who is your biggest supporter?

Absolutely and unequivocally, Hubs.  He's supported me through some extremely stressful times at work (and never got mad when I was cranky), always listens to me when I have a problem and supports me with all my goals, especially the marathon last year.

14.  Do you have a gym membership?

Kinda - I have an annual membership with my bootcamp so I can attend as many outdoor bootcamps as I want (normally try to do three a week).

15.  How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

Usually about seven.  Anything less than five hours two days in a row and I start acting weird.

16.  Do you have a "cheat" day?

You bet...Hubs and I subscribe to this method fully from our Body for Life days and have been doing it for years.  We usually do our cheat days on Saturday, which works out well as it's also our long run day.

17.  Do you drink alcohol?

Of course...ha!  Port and whisky are my favourites.

18.  Do you have a workout buddy?

Yep!  D has been my bootcamp buddy for the last five years and we always check in with each other before class so we don't jam.  We've been friends since grade six and it's nice to see a friendly face at 5:30 in the morning!

19.  What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?

I'm happy with who I am and have a sense of confidence in myself that I've never had before.

20.  What was the last healthy thing you did?

Ran 10K this morning with Hubs!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think it's so great that you and your Hubs run together, and take your cheat days together. I keep trying to rope the BF in, but so far I've just got him to join me for a weekly hike. One step at a time...