Monday, January 16, 2012
Friend Makin' Mondays - Getting to Know You
Oooooh, survey time! OK, I love these things so please bear with me as I yammer on insufferably about myself. Ha! I saw this over at Kenlie's blog over at All the Weigh...I just couldn't resist. Definitely check out Kenlie's blog and all the other survey answers in the comments section...love reading all the responses!
1) What is one of your favourite ways to spend a Saturday?
Honestly...one of my favourite ways to spend a Saturday is just hanging out with Hubs at home. We might not be doing something together per se...but we're both total homebodies and just enjoy chilling. Home is my escape from all the craziness in the world! So what if Hubs isn't home? Puttering around in the garden on a beautiful day...sigh.
2) List your top three favourite TV shows.
- Big Bang Theory
- Bizarre Food
- No Reservations
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
4) Why do you blog?
As the saying goes..."writing is the best way to talk without being interrupted." I love to blog because it's a place where I can write freely about what interests me and not worry about boring people to tears about how far I'm running or what my new favourite recipe is. Ha! And it's kind of like an online diary...I always find it interesting to go back to see how I felt and what I was thinking at certain times, especially during races.
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly.
- Blogger/Google Reader
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list, who would it be?
Oprah. Cuz she's awesome.
7) List a few of your favourite snacks.
- mandarin oranges
- apple with peanut butter
- cheetos (if I'm being really bad. what?)
8) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind?
Le sigh. No pets here, even though I'd love to have a dog one day! Hubs doesn't like leaving a dog alone all day because he feels it's not fair to the dog to be cooped up. But he's promised once we retire, then we can get a dog. Or if we win the lottery...whichever comes first.
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
- iPhone (it's like an extension of my body)
10) What's your favourite drink?
Hot water. Ha! Kidding, my favourite drink is cranberry and soda with a splash of OJ. My favourite "drink" drink is whisky.
11) Do you enjoy cooking?
Love, love, love, love it. Love it. I can easily say that it's one of my passions.
12) Do you have children?
13) What are your favourite hobbies?
- running/working out
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
Definitely shy over outgoing with people I don't know. Until you get to know me and then apparently I don't shut up.
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
My height. I'm a total shrimp. I am always using the step stool at home so I can reach stuff in my cupboards. Just three more measly inches would be great! Bah.
16) Who is your favourite actor/actress?
Actor - I love Jim Parsons, the guy who plays "Sheldon" on Big Bang Theory - hilarious!
Actress - no real faves. Maybe Kate Winslet?
17) What's the coolest thing you've done this week?
I kicked out an awesome tempo run this morning on the treadmill!
18) Do you live near your family or far from them?
Near my family for the most part. My parents are here, my older brother is in Edmonton, my inlaws are in Vancouver.
19) List three of your talents.
- I'm a pretty fine cook
- I'm super organized
- I'm a really fast texter
20) What is your greatest attribute?
Determination. Once I set my mind to something, I go for it.