Sunday, July 8, 2012

Goodlife Victoria Half Marathon - Week 2

Gah!  I don't know what is up with my Google Reader lately, but a bunch of the blogs I follow aren't showing up...sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  I tried to go back to the blogs and re-follow them but that doesn't work either.  Urgh.  Anyways, I'll have to try and figure it out as I'm getting back into the running groove and back into the blogging world.

Anyways, I had the best run today.  The best.  Hubs' back is still bugging him, so I decided to do my long run with the Pen Run clinic group.  We had 12K scheduled and it's a hot day out (yay, finally...we've got some good weather!), so to be truthful I was *this* close to jamming out but thankfully I pushed myself out the door and I'm so glad I did.  I ended up running loosely with a small group and loved the company, but what I'm really enjoying is running different routes....today's route was fairly hilly, so it forces me to become a stronger runner.  Sure, I love my little easy 3K loop...but running with the clinic really pushes me beyond what I normally would do on my own.  I would never, ever push myself on the hills as hard as I do on Wednesday nights, and I'm already seeing and feeling the payoff. There was a long, gradual hill on today's run and I surprised myself that I managed to run the whole thing, and felt like I still had some juice left in my legs.  I felt amazing after the run...total runner's high today.

So this week's workouts:

Sunday: 10K run
I did the 3K loop around the house...kept myself at a 5:42 pace, so bang on with what I'm supposed to be training at.

Monday: rest day
I know...normally this would be a workout day, but Monday was just gonna be a day for me and Hubs.  It was awesome...we slept in, lazed around, had pancakes and bacon for breakfast and puttered around the house.  The perfect day!

Tuesday: rest day

Wednesday: bootcamp in a.m./running clinic in p.m.
My second Double Jay Day!  Jason taught in the morning at bootcamp and this time I was smarter and paced myself.  Clinic was hills again, and they were tough...I had to walk through parts of them, but afterwards, I felt much better than I did last week...I think I'm going to keep doing my Double Jay Days and just pace myself better.

Thursday: Mindful Strides Clinic
Hubs' back was still bothering him, so he watched while the rest of  us worked with the elastics.  I can feel myself getting stronger with them, and actually feel like I've come a long way since the first clinic. 

Friday: bootcamp
Again, thank goodness I have D to push me.  I totally would have jammed, but I went.  I was slow, but at least I was there.

Saturday: rest day
I had originally planned on doing a 30 minute stationery bike workout, but I was soooooo tired that I decided to give myself an extra rest day.  I think I'm still adapting to the harder workouts, and was up early and to bed late on Friday...I could barely keep my eyes open all day, and fell asleep on the couch at 7pm, went up to bed around 11pm and slept until 7am.  Guess I really needed some extra sleep!


No comments: