Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gratituesday - The Running Edition

In light of the race I just ran, I'm grateful for the following:

  1. A wonderful and supportive Hubs who trains with me, even though he admittedly doesn't love running  but loves the benefits (he says he only runs so he can eat!)
  2. Friends who cheered me on - means the world to me and I love you for it
  3. Long hot showers after cold, wet races
  4. Awesome race volunteers who stood in the pouring rain to cheer us on, give us high fives and make sure we had water. 
  5. The spectator who saw me trying to check my pace and yelled "don't worry, you're right on target, you look awesome!"  Made me smile even though I felt like dying
  6. The girl with the black braid and hot pink shirt who I used as a pace bunny - I don't know who you are, but thank you for helping me PB
  7. All the hill training we do at bootcamp
  8. The chance to discover running and how much I love it - it means so much more than just one foot in front of the other
  9. Advil
  10. No stairs

No comments: