Thursday, May 5, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1.  Spring Clean Check In

So far so good on the spring clean!  I've cut back a lot on the mindless snacking and am back on the supplements.  Another thing that I've been also trying to watch (but wasn't listed as part of my goals) was to increase the grams of protein that I get per day, so I'm also back on the Vegegreens protein powder.  A side effect of taking all this stuff is that I couldn't sleep Monday and Tuesday night - multivitamins have that effect on me (I think it's the B vitamins), so I got mayyyyybbbeeee two to three hours of sleep each night.  I was an absolute zombie at work.  I could barely keep my eyes open on the way home from work yesterday (good thing Hubs was driving), it was horrible! So I only took one multi yesterday, and was able to fall asleep no problem last night.  I was so tired, I don't even remember Hubs coming to bed!  Lesson learned...ease into things slowly.

2.  Go Nucks!

Wheeee!  Hubs and I are heading to Vancouver this weekend to get ourselves firmly on the Canuck bandwagon.  We were heading over there anyways to see family that are coming from Edmonton and Hong Kong, so when the Canucks made it into Round 2 there was no question about getting tickets if there was a Saturday night game.  So we've got our jerseys and will be hooting and hollering for our boys.  Go Canucks Go!

3.  Last Long Run

One more long run and then we're into full-on taper for the last week before the half.  Ten kilometres up for Saturday, which we're running in Vancouver.  I had a last check in with my physio and while there were still a few issues (still not standing correctly), she was pretty happy overall and wants me to check back in again after the half.  I was getting some burning under my arch which I was afraid was plantar fasciitis, but she thinks it's nerves.  It doesn't hurt when I get up in the morning but I can feel this burning sensation when I start running, but it goes away after about ten minutes.  We're also testing out our carbo-loading theory, so we're upping our carb intake for the next few days.   Bring on the bread!

No comments: