Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ants in My Pants

Today is my one week anniversary of the marathon!  Don't worry everyone...I won't keep doing the anniversary countdown...promise!  I can't believe it was a week ago...as the morning went by today, I kept looking at the time and thinking this time last week I would have been at this point and marvelling that it was over.  I was  stalking following Jessica over at Mommy Running Through as she was also a first time marathoner...it's funny, because when I saw her finish, I got verklempt all over again...so cool to follow people through their training and the actual race.  I was also watching the Toronto Waterfront Marathon on TV today, and it was pretty cool to see one of our Canadian boys Reid Coolsaet place third overall, and come within a minute or so of almost beating the Canadian record.  Reid was doing awesome until about 35K into the race when he started to fade...and the announcer said something to the effect of he ran a great 35K, but then there was the second half of the race left to go.  Ha!  I chuckled only because what he was saying was oh, so true...the last 7K were tougher than the first 35K put together for me, and it's where runners start to fade.  However...all of this hasn't turned me off the marathon...I know I posted earlier that I wasn't going to be doing another one anytime soon (and I'm sticking to that), I'm really getting ants in my pants to get training and start working on my speed to put myself in a good position for a marathon in 2013.  I ran yesterday for the first time since the marathon, and while I'm not sore, there are definitely some twinges and twangs that are telling me I'm not recovered yet...and I must say that I'm enormously tired at night and can barely keep my eyes open.  I think my body is telling me that it needs a rest, and that's exactly what we're going to do when Hubs and I hit the sandy beaches of Maui on Tuesday.

So...with that, I'm signing off for a bit while we're away...bring on the chichis!

1 comment:

Hunnybee said...

Thanks! and have a fantastic trip!!