Monday, April 1, 2013

Brianna's Story

I just finished watching this video and I had to...absolutely had to...post it right away.  I don't know Brianna personally, but we're both members of the BDHQ family and I happened upon her blog one day (check it out here...seriously, do it) and have been reading it and silently cheering her on from bloggieland ever since. 

Anyways, I am a huge, huge, HUGE proponent of exercise and healthy eating...I would say this truly has become one of my passions in life and after I saw this video, I thought man, this person exemplifies what changing your life through health is. When people ask me why I exercise and watch what I eat, I think most people assume it's because of the physical aspect...fitting into certain clothes or keeping my medical numbers in line.   Yes absolutely...I started living more healthfully for the physical benefits...and while it's of course incredibly important, for me it's way, way more about the mental aspect than anything else...the feeling of confidence and self esteem that comes from being healthy, fit and strong, and how those feelings spill over into the rest of your life.  In Brianna's case...yes, she's lost a lot of weight (190 pounds to be exact...190 pounds, people!) and has changed her physical appearance...but what's amazing to see and in my opinion even more important than the physical, is what is happening to the rest of her life after she embraced a healthy lifestyle.  She's starting a coaching business to help those with significant amounts of weight to lose, is a leader for BDHQ's Biggest Winner program (yes, she's the poster girl for the program) and is now giving speeches to others in the hopes of moving them with her story to make changes in their own lives.  Inspirational?  You bet...now this is what I'm talkin' about.  For those people who think they can't change their lives or that things are insurmountable, Brianna is living proof that you can.


1 comment:

Char said...

People like Brianna are so inspirational. To change your whole life around is so hard but she's proof that it can be done.