Sunday, June 2, 2013

2013 - Week 22 Recap

I think that summer might possibly be on it's way...

what's that round thing called again?

OK maybe not summer, but definitely warmer, sunny weather.  Bring it on, folks...bring it on.

Sunday:  30 mins treadmill
After volunteering at the Oak Bay Half, I was absolutely freezing cold...my feet were soaked and I could barely move my hands when I got home so I thought what better way to warm up than a workout?  I did a quick 30 minute run on the mill and did a few pushups and other bodyweight type stuff and I was toasty warm by the end.

Monday: PISE p.m.
Wah!  Second to last class with Josh.  We did a circuit that included the lovely airdyne bike, which I absolutely despise...probably because it's hard.  Ha!  Oh, and no morning bootcamps on Monday/Wednesday...D had a busted glute muscle that she was letting heal up.  Not gonna lie, I was a bit glad to ease back on the double days this week.

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: PISE p.m.
Sigh...last class with Josh...sad face.  We did a repeat of the circuit and at the end of the class the group of us hung out for a bit, had some goodies and treats that some of the ladies brought and we took a bunch of awesome photos with some of the equipment as props.  Yes, I ate a mint chocolate cupcake, but I had a bunch of veggies beforehand...it's all about balance, right?

Thursday: rest

Friday: bootcamp a.m./PISE p.m.
Gorgeous morning for a workout!  We ended up running around a trail and then doing some work with bands.  Evening class was our first class with our new trainer, Dania...I really enjoyed this class because we had a good mix of strength mixed with cardio and yep...I was sore this weekend, which is a good sign!    We ended up chatting a bit after class and it sounds like Dania wants to show us a bit of barbell work like Olympic lifting, which is awesome!  I'm always up for learning something different.

Saturday: 10K run
Ran with Hubs on a local trail...man, it was nice out.  It's interesting, both of us were saying how good we've been feeling on our runs lately...I think that after we really cleaned up our diet, we've had less "bad" runs.  I clearly remember going on some of our weekend jaunts and we'd be dragging our asses twenty feet behind us, but lately all of the runs have been feeling good.  Another win for the clean eating camp!  Next few weeks we're thinking of going just a titch farther, and maybe inching up to 15K over the next while.

FOOD:
Mea culpa...coulda been better.  I think I still have a bit of a staycation hangover, so need to clamp down as it's a slippery slope. 

RECIPES:
Pizza with whole wheat crust from Clean Eating, which you can find the recipe here.  Just wanted to say that this is a fabulous whole wheat pizza crust and I'm thrilled that it's clean.  I rolled this puppy out super thin (one recipe will make two 12 inch pizzas with very thin crusts) and topped it with some homemade pizza sauce (two 28 ounce cans of no salt added Eden organic roma tomatoes, oregano/basil, olive oil and garlic, cooked down until super thick) and then put on whatever toppings your heart desires.  It's fab.  Other new recipe I tried was for my parents...my dad is like the plant whisperer or something...he can grow anything, I swear.  He knows we like rhubarb so started growing some for us, so I decided to whip him up a strawberry rhubarb galette as a thank you.  I gotta say, I'm a wee bit proud of myself because I've always been a bit afraid of working with pastry/dough and yeast (all that kneading and rising made it seem so complex and intimidating!), so I attacked two fears this week!    The galette was super tasty, so if you're looking for an easy, delish and rustic dessert that looks impressive, make this one (recipe found here.

yum yum...

2 comments:

Char said...

Is that temperature chart cesius or farenheit? If it's celsius than your temps are colder than ours and we're into winter now.

Cindy said...

hah! char, those temps are in Celsius...