Saturday, June 11, 2011

Marathon Quest 2011 - Week One Recap

Yahooo!  Week One is over and done, and so far so good.  I'm lovin' my little schedule, and crossing stuff off...why didn't I do this sooner?!  Yes, I am a geek.  So to recap Week One:

Sunday - 20 mins HIIT - stationery bike

This was scheduled in as a rest day, but because I had an IMS session on Thursday, I couldn't go to bootcamp on Friday (can't exercise for 48 hours afterwards) so decided to do a quick HIIT session.  I always try to target five days for workouts per week...now whether or not that happens is a whole other question!

Monday - bootcamp

Oy vey...our instructor had us run up and down the beach with a tire held with straight arms above our heads...seriously, that almost killed me!  It was an awesome work out though and anytime I get to try and bulk up my spindly chicken arms is a good thing.

Tuesday - 6K run - treadmill

Tuesday tempo run - the treadmill is a bit dullsville, so I might try to alternate one week inside, one week out.

Wednesday - 10K run - outside

Hubs and I got up at the crack of dawn to get out there and done before we had to get to work...gorgeous morning!  My coworker M suggested that to mix it up, I could stash everything I needed to get ready at work on Tuesdays and then run to work on the Galloping Goose Trail.  This trail links the Western Communities to downtown, and it's about 11K from where I'd be starting.  We have a shower at work so I could get ready there.  Brilliant!  I love morning workouts as it gives me so much more energy during the day.

Thursday/Friday/Sat - rest days

Le sigh.  This whole Canucks Stanley Cup gig is really messin' with my training schedule.  KIDDING!  Mess away, as I can give a little on the training if I can see my boys hoist the cup (Hamuis - have your people call people - heh).  I scheduled my physio appointment for Thursday after work whereas normally I would go on Wednesday, but the Canucks were playing that night and, and...well you know.  After IMS I'm not supposed to exercise, run, stretch or pretty much do anything for 48 hours, so I'm moving my long run to tomorrow...normally I might have pushed it and run anyways, but I still have some residual soreness from those darn needles.  This means I'll have to do six workouts next week to make up for my three days off, but worth it to give my muscles a chance to recoup after an absolutely killer IMS session.

So overall - Stretches done every day, missed one day of physio exercises (oopsie). Food-wise, I did pretty good - I kept it clean throughout the week and will have a little debauchery today, but nothing crazy.  One week down, 17 more to go!

No comments: