Thursday, June 23, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1.  More Cookbooks

I know.  I have a serious problem.  I can't stop buying cookbooks lately!  I went to Chapters today to pick up one cookbook and walked out with four.  I justified it because they were having a buy three get the fourth free and I just had to do it, right?  Spend to save, right?  Hubs was waiting in the car for me after my little shopping spree and just shook his head when he saw the bag from Chapters.  Hee hee.

2.  Feeling Spritely

I'm feeling much, much more lively this week...thank goodness!  I think I just had to get used to all the new exercise regime, and I've been eating a bit more this week which seems to be helping my tiredness.  I seriously felt like dropping dead last week, but this week have been feeling pretty good.  Yay!

3.  New Rules of Lifting for Women

Ahhhh, yes.  I've got my next fitness challenge in my sights!  After the marathon training is all over and done with, I was thinking that I'd like to focus on weights for awhile.  I bought this book awhile ago as I heard some really good things about it:



Overall I'm happy with where my cardio is at, and because of all the running my legs are fairly muscular and strong...but my upper body?  Seriously...I need a lot of work on my noodle arms and flabby back.  I have no tone on my arms and shoulders and would really like to build up my upper body strength so come November, I'm going to do the lifting routine in this book.  Can't wait! 

No comments: