Saturday, June 18, 2011

Marathon Quest 2011 - Week Two Recap

Week Two recap - this week has been a particularly tough one.  I'm not sure what it is, but I'm incredibly tired and so is Hubs.  I'm sure my body is trying to get used to the extra running and early mornings - I'm up at 5am four weekdays now to get the runs in, whereas before I was getting up only three.  Allergies are also acting up and making me crazy and tired. I'm also going to take a look at my food intake to make sure that I'm eating enough  - I checked out my food logs and I think I might not actually be eating enough to keep my body fueled for the workouts.  What?!  I get to actually eat more?!  Bring it on!

Sunday - 10K run

Hubs and I got up and headed out on our favourite trail - gorgeous morning, and a good run overall.  I'm having a hard time keeping my target pace...I've been so used to trying to maintain a faster pace that trying to stay at around 6:15 to 6:30 (recommended LSD pace for a 4:30 marathon) is hard. 

Monday - bootcamp

One of my favourite trainers taught on Monday, and as a nickname for her we call her "Sarge", as in sargeant...I'm sure that gives you a bit of an idea that she's pretty tough!  We ran around Thetis Lake, which is not my favourite...mostly because it's pretty hilly and a tough run...ha!  I tell ya...I'm really lazy at heart.  I kept a pretty fast pace so felt pretty tuckered out after. 

Tuesday - 6K treadmill run

Argh...SO hard to get up...I was still feeling pretty tired from Monday bootcamp.  Meh.

Wednesday - 10K 6K outdoor run

The tiredness was building up now...I didn't have the energy to do a full 10K, so shortened it up to 6K.  Hubs got up and came with me, which was nice.

Thursday - rest

Thank goodness...I actually got to sleep in until 6:15am!!

Friday - bootcamp

My other favourite trainer taught and she also kicked our butts...we didn't run far, but we did intervals on hills - five one minute sprints, five really fast 30 second sprints, two one minute sprints, then one long 2 minute sprint.  I felt like dying.

Saturday - 13K run treadmill

Both Hubs and I were so exhausted by the end of this week that we decided to do our runs on the treadmill...nice, slow and easy.  I know, boring right?  But we were both so bloody tired that the thought of running outside just made us want to curl up into the fetal position.  Oh well...we didn't run outside but at least we did it.

Whew!  So tiring week.  Food-wise, I did pretty good overall...snuck in a bit more dairy than I'd like, but otherwise kept things clean.  Definitely will re-look at food intake to make sure I'm eating enough.

No comments: