Monday, July 15, 2013

Why I Run Long Distances by The Oatmeal

I've loved the comic "The Oatmeal" for ages...hilarious, honest and a bit crude (OK, a lot crude), he's been quite often the source of those kinds of laughing fits where my stomach hurts, I can't breathe and my vision is blurry because I'm crying so hard.  Anyways...his latest comic is about why he runs...he's done the full range of races, all the way from 5Ks to ultramarathons, and he talks about all the terrible and wonderful reasons of why he runs long distances.  It's a five part series (seriously, you'll want to read them all), so if you're a runner...this is a must read.  For those of you who know and love us runners, it'll give some insight on why we lace up our shoes and choose to run 26.2 miles and train for hours during the hot blazing summer.  I won't spoil it, but his reasons for why he runs are bang on to how I feel.

So go here to read it.  Go quickly, go now.  Oh, and to the Oatmeal?  I love you.

2 comments:

Meg said...

LOVE it! haha The Oatmeal is great.

Char said...

It's funny how things get around. I was reading that just yesterday after someone linked it on Facebook. I can so relate to the eating part.