Sunday, February 20, 2011

Half Marathon Week 1 - 10K

Quick post today...not feeling terribly well all of a sudden - throat is feeling funny, really tired, getting chills and a headache is coming on...not good, not good....

Oy vey, another early early morning run was on the books...Hubs had to work Saturday again, so we were up at 5:30am and out the door by 5:45am.  Run was really good - considering we haven't run that kind of distance since December, I'm actually not to sore today...no DOMS, yay!  The only thing that has me a tinge worried is that I can feel my foot hurting again...I really tried to concentrate on form as a few times when I started to fatigue, I could feel my right leg getting sloppy and turning inwards.  Must get crackin' on those exercises!

Oh - quick note to anyone who is training for the half, the latest issue of Canadian Running is really good - I was never really sure what my pace should be when doing tempo runs or any other kind of speedwork - most training programs are really vague.  However, this issue listed that if my race goal is 2:00:00, then I would need a 5:41/km race pace, 5:29/km tempo run pace, and 5:24/km 10K pace.  Cool!  Now I know.

Off to lie down on the couch with my new cookbook purchase "Mastering the Art of Chinese Cooking" by Eileen Yin-Fei Lo, who is apparently kinda like the Julia Child of chinese cuisine...going to Hong Kong has reinspired me to cook more Chinese food!

No comments: