Saturday, February 12, 2011

I'm Back Baby

Wheeee!  Hubs and I went for a short run this morning and it felt awesome to get out there again and hit the pavement.  Like I said previously, we've still been keeping up on our workouts and running on the treadmill or working out on our stationary bike, but there's no substitute for foot-on-asphalt action.  Hubs is working Saturdays on a rotating basis (I curse you, ye financial institution that shall remain unnamed) so we had to get up bright and early and hit the road by 6am so we could squeeze in the run before he had to be at work by 8:30.  Now this might not sound that early, but we're still suffering greatly from jetlag so it wasn't a pretty thing to see as the two of us could barely drag our sorry butts out of bed.  However, Hubs is the better person and forced me up - he has extra incentive to run as the shirts he had tailor made for him in Hong Kong absolutely fit him to a tee, so there's no room for any weight gain.  Ha!  So funny. 

We only had time to fit in about 6K (I was hoping for a 10K run) and I felt fantastic the whole way.  My legs felt light and I felt really energetic so I ran some faster intervals.  We'll see how sore I am tomorrow!  Even though we've only been away from our long runs for about a month, it felt great to be outdoors.  Running, I've missed you so, but I'm back.

No comments: