Sunday, June 20, 2010

Guilty As Charged...


Sooo....I'm feeling totally guilt ridden that I haven't worked out since Wed.  And....I blew off my 20K yesterday, as I didn't feel great when I woke up.  I've been keeping up my regimen of special herbs and spices to ward off this flu or cold or whatever the heck it is...and knock on wood...but I think it's working.  I woke up again this morning not feeling fantastic, but right now I'm not doing too bad so I think I might attempt bootcamp class tomorrow morning - and we're going to target 20K for Tuesday morning, bright and early.  I'm also getting a massage tomorrow morning (I can't wait) as my back has really been acting up again and I want to get some knots worked out before I sashay down the beaches of Maui.

Huh...as I'm typing this, I started thinking about my guilty feelings about not working out.  Like in my head I know that it's the best thing to do, and that a little rest now will be much better than working out and really running myself down.  But it was a real inner struggle with myself as to what to do - part of me was freaking out that I'd lose all my cardio that I'd built up while the other (smarter) part was saying look, you're tired, run down and getting sick!  Chillax, man!  It's four freaking days - your body needs it.  Sigh...I must remember - it's all about balance.

No comments: