- I love the feel of working up a huge sweat when I exercise but I hate sweating at any other time. Even if I break out into a light sweat doing something like walking, I feel like I have to take a shower.
- I drink plain hot water all the time. It's a Chinese thing.
- I cannot be more than a few feet away from my iPhone at all times. I'm totally and utterly addicted to it and can't imagine life without it now...I'm like Gollum with it. I use it for everything!
- I hate flying. I'm not at the Ativan stage yet, but I definitely don't enjoy it but I do it because it gets me to Maui.
- I am totally and utterly OCD about my floors. I vacuum daily and can't stand it when I see crumbs.
- Even though I would loooooove to own one, I am afraid of gas stoves...actually gas in general. It's a bummer because all the great chefs use gas!
- As soon as I get home from work, I get into "home" mode. That means contact lenses out, hair tied up, sweats on and makeup off. I look like a bum but I don't care! Poor Hubs.
- I've never lived anywhere except for Victoria.
- I am terrified of spiders when they're inside the house, but not that scared of them when I come across them outdoors. I think it's that element of surprise that I don't like.
- I used to have spiked hair that stood up about three inches and fanned out on the sides, sort of a modified Asian mohawk. I look back now and wonder what was I thinking! It was cool back then though. I think.
- I watched Hockey Night In Canada without fail when I was a kid...we'd all sit on on the couch and my mom would be screaming with excitement. We never cared who won, as long as it was a Canadian team!
- I have terrible luck with the tires on my cars. I've had numerous flats, punctures or weird leaks so I'm paranoid about them and am always checking my air pressure.
- My first job was as a grocery store cashier when I was 15. I still remember my first day clearly and how scared shitless I was.
- I'm not a big fan of chocolate ice cream...plain old vanilla is always my first choice. Unless it's Moosetracks...
- I get my hair cut every six weeks on the dot. My hair is hard to handle (stick straight, thick but no volume...it sucks) and grows like a noxious weed so I have to get it cut regularly to beat it into submission.
- I LOVE anything with peanut butter. This is shocking because I ate peanut butter and marmalade (barfola) sandwiches every day as a kid and it was definitely not by choice! I despise marmalade now (it has peels in it, for pete's sake!) but I do love peanut butter.
- I love to read. I sort of fell out of it for a long time but have rediscovered it again.
- I have girl crushes on Sophie Lui (a BC newscaster) and Sarah Richardson, the Canadian home designer...I love their sense of style! I actually look forward to the news every day so I can see what Sophie is wearing. And Sarah...her clothes are perfection. And her designs? Amazing. Dreamy sigh.
- My favourite kind of evening is when it's super stormy/windy/rainy/snowy outside, and I'm all cozy inside with candles, a fire, tea and a good book. Ahhhh.....
- I love gingers. Hence the whole Prince Harry thing. Gurgle.
- I currently own about 130 cookbooks. If I won the lottery I would have a whole library full of them!
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Blackjack (21 Things)
ZOMG...it's list time!! This fun little time waster has been going around bloggieland, so I had to join in on the fun...basically share 21 rando bits of information that you might not know about me. Let's see...where shall I start...