Sunday, November 20, 2011

Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge


It's that time of year again for THE Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge!  *wildly cheering crowd*

This was a cool thing that Amanda over at Run to the Finish started a few years ago, and it's taken off like wildfire through bloggieland.  I admit...I signed up last year, but got lazy...and never updated my points.  I was, however, doing the Ten Pound Challenge so was already doing something to make sure that I kept my face out of the holiday feeding trough.   I'd kind of forgotten about HBBC until Deb over at Deb Tris posted a comment, and I thought aha!  In combination with continuing to log my food, I'm gonna take part in this puppy for some extra motivation.

For anyone who's interested, here's the link to everything you need to know about the HBBC and latecomers can still register up to Nov 22 (the kickoff was yesterday).  In short, you get points for getting exercise in or eating fruits and veggies...example of point system is:

1 Point per mile (run/walk)
1 Point per 3 miles biked
1 Point per 20 minutes of weight lifting, Pilates, yoga, stretching or abs
1 Point per 15 minutes of low impact cardio (i.e. low impact aerobics, easy biking, skiing, skating, water aerobics, snow shoeing)
1 Point per 10 minutes of high impact cardio (i.e.spinning, kickboxing, lap swimming)
1 Per day where you reach a minimum of 7 servings of fruits and veggies

Easy peasy japanese-y on getting exercise in, but not sure about the fruits and veggies.  I incorporate a lot into my meals, but it's not really measurable i.e. soups, casseroles, etc.  Oh well, I'll estimate as best I can.  At first I was like 7 servings?!   But when I saw that 1 serving is a cup of leafy greens or 1/2 cup cooked veggies, I thought that was pretty doable.  Goal is to get my daily veggie/fruit point!
 
So for the next while, you'll probably see me tracking my points on the blog...as always, keeps me accountable, right?

ETA:  HBBC for Nov 19 - 2 points (30 mins easy biking), for Nov 20 - 10K/6 mile run, 20 minutes weightlifting and 7 servings fruits and veg - 8 points...woop woop!

No comments: