Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day One - New Rules of Lifting for Women

Alrighty...so you know how I said before I was gonna start this new weight lifting regime, blah blah blah?  I've finally finished reading the book New Rules of Lifting for Women and figured out how the whole shebang works.  I know, I know...sometimes I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm cute.  Ha!  I have this weird thing that when I start something new, it HAS to be done on Sunday...sort of to kick the week off and start things fresh and on the right foot.  I know...I'm so weird.

So how did the first workout go?  Not bad!  There are 7 stages in this program, so I started off at the beginning at Stage 1.  I warmed up with a 10 minute jog on the treadmill, and then did this routine, which the book calls Workout A:

Group 1:
Squats - 2 sets of 15 reps

Group 2:
Pushups - 1 set of 15 reps
Seated row - 1 set of 15 reps
Repeat this series twice

Group 3:
Step ups - 1 set of 15 reps
Prone jackknife - 1 set of 8 reps
Repeat this series twice

I like it.  It didn't take too long, so I did another 20 minutes on the treadmill.  I started off with medium heavy weights because I'm not sure exactly where I should be at and didn't want to injure myself by overdoing things.  There are two workouts in each stage, so later on this week I'll do Workout B.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep this up...I've been having some weird achiness and pain in my right shoulder so don't know what's up, so will go and check things out with my physiotherapist.   Anyways, first day of NROLFW done!

No comments: