Friday, May 28, 2010

Back on the Wagon



After the lovely long weekend, I headed off to the Loops Tuesday morning (Kamloops for those not in BC) for a work conference. I just got back tonight and I gotta say...I am EXHAUSTED. While I'm really thankful that I had the opportunity to go to this event, they really are a lot of work as you have to be "on" all the time esp. as there were a lot of receptions and evening events. I'm such a homebody too, that being out of my routine really throws me off. I had a headache every day as I wasn't drinking a whole lot of water, didn't sleep that well, and while I didn't eat badly, it was stuff that had dairy or eggs or other nasties that I try to avoid. Annnnnd....well, let's just say that there was a lot of after conference events that involved a lot of alcohol, in particular gin (yum). So...maybe some of it was self induced but it's part of the job to network, right? Right?? I did get a run in Wednesday morning though as I took my gear with me - so yay me. So next week is going to be a clean slate and I'm back on the wagon. Hopefully the lack of sleep and excessive alcohol intake won't kill my run tomorrow - 18K. Stay tuned!

No comments: