Monday, May 3, 2010

Ten Goals for 2010

Since the year is now a third over (is it just me or is time going by faster and faster?), I thought I'd take stock of how I'm doing so far with my goals for 2010. These are kinda like resolutions, but calling them resolutions just sets me up for failure....goals just sounds so much better, n'est ce pas?


So here are my goals for 2010:
  1. Run a marathon - I'm all over this one!

  2. Run a sub 2 hour half marathon - sadly, not going to hit this one...I was going to do a spring half but that was kiboshed with my knee injury *sigh*

  3. Wear a bikini in Hawaii - I would only do this where no one knows me so no one needs to go blind, ha ha! We're going in June so haven't done this one yet but I'm planning on it (oh god)

  4. Pay attention to my health i.e. allergies, headaches - so far so good on this one...I'm no longer singlehandedly keeping Excedrin in business

  5. Run 10K in sub 55 minutes - DONE!!! WOOT!!!

  6. Think of what I'm grateful for every day - OK, maybe I haven't done it every day, but most days. I'll say I'm doing pretty good on this one

  7. Read one book a month - R, are you reading this? Baaahaaa. I'm at three books so far so I'm falling behind...I'll catch up though!

  8. Eat clean i.e. no dairy or eggs - I got tested for allergies awhile back and turns out I'm super sensitive to dairy and eggs. I would say I'm 90% good on this one...I can't resist a bit of dairy now and then and a girl's gotta live a little...but oh how I miss you tasty, tasty cheese

  9. Get my back in shape - doing pretty good (knock on wood) on this one. I have hypermobility issues with my back so my neck/ribs were coming out of place constantly. I'm going to chiro/physio/massage regularly, started yoga to increase my flexibility and doing my back exercises and so far, so good

  10. Eat more veggies - I've upped our veggie intake significantly this year so I'm totally rocking this one

Hmmm...I'm not doin' too bad! I think it really is true, if you write your goals down you're more likely to achieve them because they're right there, in black and white. Accountability is the name of the game. I'll be checking back in August and I'll let you all know if I did up wearing that bikini in Maui or if I tooootally chickened out.

1 comment:

Downtown Mama said...

I love the idea of 'revisiting' your goals. I think I might do the same :)
Cheers!