Thursday, May 13, 2010

Whisky Tango Foxtrot?



I gotta ask...what is the world coming to these days?

Just want to warn that this is gonna be a bit of a rant - the nice little Asian lady is feelin' a little feisty about today's topic. So a few weeks ago, Vancouver had their annual Sun Run - a happy event where fifty thousand people run or walk their little hearts out on a gorgeous sunny day with family and friends, and then get to revel in their accomplishment and celebrate their success. I guess at this event, some freak decides to stab a runner in the face. At first the news reported it was just a superficial cut - but I read today that this poor guy's cheekbone was cut and the knife touched his brain causing bleeding and swelling. He was in intensive care, but he's out now.

Can you imagine - here you are just finishing a great run and picking your stuff up at the baggage claim and some psycho freak from hell comes out of nowhere and stabs you in the face for shits and giggles. Apparently this waste of skin has a history of violence and decides to pick on some poor guy who was minding his own business. The part that gives me a little hope in the human race is that a bunch of people around saw it happen and chased the stabber down. I guess this incident kind of got to me because I thought wow...this could have so easily been Hubs or my FIL.

Throw the book at him, Danno....that's all I gotta say.

/rant

No comments: