Thursday, December 30, 2010

TPC Final Weigh In - And the Results Are...

Can I just start off by saying that I'm sooooooo glad that the TPC is finally over?  Ha!  I got up this morning and was so tired from yesterday that I could barely work out and I was so, so, so incredibly sore from bootcamp.  I had multiple stops and starts and finally decided OK, snap out of it - just get 'er done...the sooner you finish, the sooner you can weigh in and the sooner you can have a TREAT.  That seemed to do the trick as I managed to pump out a good long cardio session.  I tell ya, I'll do anything for food.

Once I was done, I headed off to the studio.  As I was driving, I was thinking awww man...I know I didn't make the goal and now I'm going to have to stick my tail between my legs and tell everyone in bloggieland that I failed.  As I walked in, I said hi to everyone and shucked off as much clothing as possible while remaining somewhat decent and stepped up on the scale.  I had to giggle as the weigh in scene from the Biggest Loser popped into my head...I could picture Allie saying "Cindy, and your current weight is..."  all the while the annoying beepbeepbeep that the stupid scale makes was ringing in my ears...

Eight pounds total lost.  Gaaaah!!  So close.  SO CLOSE!!  As I saw my $150 flutter away and I started to feel like shite and a failure, I looked down and saw the actual number on the scale and it kind registered.  Wow.  Hey.  That's actually not too bad.  Eight pounds in eight weeks...that's pretty damn effing awesome if I do say so myself, especially during Christmas!  And I did make my main goal of not gaining weight during December and am going to start off 2011 healthy and in the best shape of my life.  I don't think I could have worked out any harder or eaten any cleaner.  Dammit...I'm actually kinda proud of myself!  Ha ha, I scoff at you Failure - I laugh in your face!

As soon as I walked out the door I called Hubs to tell him the news...and then stuffed a huge piece of banana bread in my mouth that I had packed with me because believe me, I was starving.  Ravenous.  Like I would have eaten durian if it was put in front of me.  The banana bread tasted like pure heaven as I scarfed it down.  Aaaaaaaand afterwards...well, the studio just happens to be next to my favourite store in the whole wide world Lululemon...and I treated myself to a pair of Wonder Under tights that I'd been coveting for a while.  Wheee!

So next steps?  I'm taking off the next few days and am going to enjoy myself, and I mean really enjoy myself...and then back to clean eating starting next week. Am I glad I did the TPC?  You bet.  It was hard and not a whole lot of fun some days - but it was totally worth it.  2011, here I come!

PS.  Thanks to you all for the support and helping me to be accountable...couldn't have done it without y'all.  XO

No comments: