Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

To do list is finally done!  I'm sure I sound like I'm a bit whack, but I was trying to get all this stuff done before the clock ticked over into 2011 because I wanted to start the new year off fresh - no niggly unfinished things nagging at me.  Must be the Chinese-y part of me coming out...for Chinese New Years, we're supposed to do a really good cleaning of the house to get rid of any bad luck that may have accumulated during the year...but avoid any cleaning the first few days of the new year to avoid sweeping away the good luck.  No fear there...we're doing the Resolution Run tomorrow morning and then I'm plunking myself on my butt all day and reading travel books - we're going to Hong Kong at the end of January!  Can't wait, I tell ya...food and shopping in an incredibly culturally rich environment....just my kinda place!

As I start looking forward to 2011 and my impending trip, I couldn't help but reminisce about 2010.  2009 was a recovery and rebuilding year as I tried to get my head on straight after being in an incredibly stressful and turbulent job, so 2010 felt like the first year in a long time that I felt like I was being true to myself and that I was doing things for me.  It was the first year in a long time - if ever - that I felt balanced.  So all in all - 2010 was a good year!

So with that, I'm looking forward to 2011 and what it brings - happy new year to you all!  Cheers to a happy and healthy 2011!!

1 comment:

Renata said...

Okay, let's be clear... you are anal AND yes, addicted to both exercise and food. Having said this, you are both awesome and my hero! when I win the Lotto max, I will enjoy having you as my Jillian, my Gordon, and my obsessive, list-making, keep me on track PA with an unbelievably high salary and complimentary mansion next door to mine in the compound!! Happy 2011 sistah - you will rock it! Renata