Monday, November 29, 2010

Cans for Comments


As you guys all know, I'm all about the food...and at this time of year, I'm always reminded about those people who aren't as fortunate as we are to be able to food on the table.  Food is such an important thing for me and Hubs, and to think that there are people out there who don't have enough to eat honestly breaks my heart.  I've been hearing a lot lately that food banks have seen a real change in the demographic that is using the service...there's a lot of working poor who can't afford to feed their families.  I was pondering what else I can do to help the hungry...hmmmm...

Enter Cans for Comments!  This is going around in bloggieland, and it's such an awesome idea.  For December 1st - 15th, I will donate one can of food to our local food bank, the Mustard Seed, for every comment that I receive.  And as an extra incentive to leave comments, I'll also donate $1 for each comment to the food bank...so a can and $1 for each comment!  Hunger-related issues really resonate with me so I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is (pun intended).  Was that a collective groan I heard?  Heh.

7 comments:

Carol-Ann Photography said...

Sharing the love, and 1 can for the Mustard Seed!! Thanks!

Tatiana said...

Woohoo another comment for you!!

Kenzie Prudhomme said...

Yay for Cans for Comments :D

Marylène said...

Yay! And one more can with this comment!

Tatiana said...

I just realized you and I have a blogger in common! I went to highschool with the author of "This thing called life" for a year before I moved and I just noticed you commented on her blog. CRAZY small world!!

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

One more can for you :)

Cindy said...

Wow, thanks you guys for the cans!!!! @ Tatiana...it IS a small world isn't it?!?!