Saturday, November 13, 2010

TPC Week 2 - Humming Along


Drool.

I am definitely crave-y today....and for some reason, I keep watching cooking shows!  Gah!  I must be a glutton for punishment or something.  I was watching this show called Phantom Gourmet and they were talking about the best steakhouses in Boston.  Holy - I could feel myself salivating throughout the whole show.

So besides today's cravings - Hubs and I are still doing great on the challenge.  Woohoo!  It's so funny, Hubs is now all over this challenge like a dirty shirt - we ran into someone the other day and they asked if he'd lost weight. I've actually noticed that his clothes are looking looser too. Just like a man, eh? He scales back a bit and the pounds are dropping off him left, right and centre...I'm working out dutifully and eating really clean but my body is hanging on to every last ounce. So funny.  Anyways, no cheats at all, and for the most part I'm not feeling deprived.  I keep a food and exercise journal (recommended by my bootcamp for accountability) and noticed that I'm not watching my food breakdown as closely and am favouring carbs again so I've got to make sure I keep things better balanced between carbs, fats and protein.  I'm also using a lot of nut butter lately and snacking on nuts more so need to ease up on that too - nuts have lots of proteins, minerals and other good stuff, but also a ton of fat too. 

Results so far?  I'm noticing my clothes are fitting looser now too, especially across the chest - I'm definitely an apple shape and I gain weight all in my torso, especially the girls.  Now most people might think that's awesome, but being so short and small framed, it's really hard to find clothes that fit when the girls are...uh...well, when my cup runneth over.  If they fit the girls, the shirt is too baggy.  If the rest of the shirt fits, I get major gapping and pulling.  Blech.  Anyways, things are definitely loosening up so I'm happy.  Yay!

No comments: