Friday, November 26, 2010

Cue Scary Music


Well, it's almost here - first weigh in is tomorrow morning!  We're going for a run first thing and then head 'er down to face my doom.  I'm hoping I made the 5 pounds - but if not, no biggie.  I'm really happy with how we've been doing - nary a chip or chocolate has passed these lips in 4 weeks - and we're both feeling pretty good overall! I'm also pleased with our workouts as well - we've been pretty consistent and have hit at least 5 times a week.  I've been lifting weights a lot lately and have been noticing improvements - I used to be able to curl 20 pounds so want to get to that point (or higher!) again.  The one thing I have noticed is that I tire more easily when I'm doing long cardio sessions - which I guess just reinforces that you can't cut back calories when training for long races - food gives you energy.  Now I actually kinda wish I'd taken pictures before I started so I could see the difference - but I'm definitely noticing the difference in my clothes and am feeling much more comfortable now.  I've seen a significant reduction in my chicken cutlets - you know, that nasty little area by my armpit.  They're more like Chicken McNuggets now...heh.

It's interesting what you notice when you cut the crap out.  The cravings - while they do hit every so often - have really gone down a lot.  We'd be cravy every day, all day at the beginning, but now it's occasional and not as strong.  Especially our sugar cravings - I do think that sugar triggers some sort of addictive quality in people - the more you have, the more you want.  When I have anything salty, I really notice how it affects me - my throat gets parched and I hate how I feel.  And this is coming from a self professed salt hound!  The last few weeks have really highlighted to me how much it's about the food - you can't exercise your way out of a bad diet.

The funniest thing is that Hubs has become a total food cop now!  We were talking about what we could eat tomorrow after weighing in to treat ourselves - something not 100% clean, but not off the charts bad either.  I suggested maybe a nice wonton soup with rice noodles...and he says "well I don't know...it's white rice noodles..."  Oy vey, I've created a monster!  Joking, I'm really glad that's he's embraced it.  Now that's not to say that we're not already dreaming of what we're going to eat after the last weigh in...gotta have something to look forward to, right?

No comments: