Saturday, July 17, 2010

15K - Halfway to the Marathon!

Wheee!  I just checked out my training schedule and I'm pretty much halfway to the marathon.  It's going to be here before I know it.  I'm looking forward to getting back our Saturdays as the long runs really take up a lot of time (and energy) - I'm getting up into the ranges where most of them will take me 3 plus hours to complete.  I keep wondering if I'll get bitten by the marathon bug or if I'll be satisfied to finish one and be good with that.  We'll see!

So today's long run was relatively uneventful.  We started running about 9:30 because we did end up sleeping in until about 8:30 (it was glorious!!!) so it was starting to get hot.  I ran out of the house without taking my Saltsticks and didn't think I needed to carry my 10oz handheld water bottle with me.  BIG MISTAKE.  I could feel myself dying for water about halfway through and had a bit of headache when I finished, I'm sure from dehydration.  The other thing that bugged me was I decided to wear a running skirt that I bought last year (heh - I'd kinda forgotten I had it - oops) which was just a titch too small - I really shouldn't have bought it as it's an extra small and I should really know better - but it was on sale and I couldn't resist!!!  So of course as I was running it was riding up and cutting into my stomach and generally being a pain in the ass.  If anyone wants it, let me know cuz I'm pretty sure I won't be wearing it again!

Overall, I felt pretty good - we did an out and back and on the way out I was feeling really tired but realized that it's a slight uphill for a good chunk of it.  Of course, on the way back was a breeze!  So I'd say today was a good run for sure.  I'm still trying to decide where to run next week when I do 26K - Hubs doesn't want to run the whole thing but doesn't want me to run by myself either for safety reasons.  Hmmm...what to do, what to do.

No comments: