Monday, July 26, 2010

Seven Years and Counting


It's our anniversary today!  Seven years of wedded bliss, hee hee.  It's funny, the weather on the day we got married was pretty much exactly like it was today - warm, with a slight breeze...not too hot, not too cold with beautiful blue skies.  I got home early today so I did a quick 30 minute run on the treadmill and kept Hubs company while he did his workout.  As I was sitting there reading my new Jillian Michaels book (will post on that later!), I remembered that I had a Rubbermaid tote full of wedding stuff.  So what did I do?  I busted that puppy out and started rifling through it...and what did I find on top, but my wedding veil!  It was wrinkled and all mashed up to hell, but I slapped that thing on my head and walked over to where Hubs was working out.  Ha ha!  He got a good chuckle out of it as I pretended that I was walking down the aisle, holding my non-existent bouquet. 

I'd kept a lot of mementoes of the day - R. had given me a beautiful black and blue satin round hat box that I kept all the really important bits in.  It was definitely like walking down memory lane as I hadn't opened that box in seven years!  I had all the cards from friends, some seating cards, favours (7 year old Purdy's hedgehogs...mmm mmm!), a plastic flower from the car, a wedding DVD that my brother made for us, our red cloth (in Chinese weddings, all guests write their good luck wishes on a red embroidered silk cloth) and our wedding programmes.  It'd been so long that I'd seen them that it was like opening gifts on Christmas morning!  I'll admit, I did get a little verklempt reading the programme and thinking back to our wedding day - I really can't believe it was seven years ago.  I honestly have nothing but wonderful memories of planning the wedding and the actual day itself - luckily, we didn't have any hiccups.  OK, there was one person who I could have lived without and she's unfortunately in our wedding pictures (Photoshop, anyone?) but ahh well...makes for interesting stories!

Happy anniversary, Hubs!  XO

No comments: