Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ice Ice Baby



Ahhh...Vanilla Ice...one hit wonder.  OK, is it just me, or is he actually not a bad looking guy?  I mean, minus the blue steel gaze and goofy hair - he's actually kind of handsome.  Annnnyway....

Hurray!!  Summer is finally here on the West Coast - 24 degrees today, and temps up in the high 20s for the rest of the week.  Thank goodness...I still haven't acclimatized from Maui yet, so was wearing sweats and fleece pants up to yesterday.  Love the warm weather - bring on the shorts and flip flops!!

So we're scheduled to run 24K this weekend - I'm a little concerned about the heat, so we're going to be up bright and early to get our butts out there before things really heat up.  Since my mileage is starting to get in really long run ranges, I'm going to test out doing an ice bath this Sat - I thought it would work well since I'll probably be pretty darn hot when I'm done and I plan on running around the neighbourhood so can just zip home quickly.  My FIL does ice baths after his long runs, and it helps with recovery as it reduces swelling and inflammation in the legs.  I'm sure it'll be a bit of a shock to the system the first time, but apparently you really start to crave the cold water so I'm gonna test it out to see if it helps with any residual soreness. 

Word to yo' mutha.

No comments: