Tuesday, July 20, 2010

When Will I Learn?

*gurgle*

As I've mentioned before, I went to my naturopath in the Fall to check out my food sensitivities and I'm not good with dairy (off the scale sensitive), eggs, almonds and grapes (ack, no port!!).  I can do the latter three maaaayyybe once a week per my NP, but I'm supposed to 100% avoid dairy.  Well, today I couldn't resist a wee bit of cheddar that we had in the fridge and holy shizen am I suffering now.  My stomach is in knots and I have that vaguely barfy feeling.  I really should know better - I've pretty much cut dairy out completely whereas before I'd have it every day, multiple times a day...cottage cheese for breakfast, yoghourt at lunch.  No wonder I always felt so tired and crappy all the time.  Anyways, seems that the more I cut it out, the stronger I react when I do nip a bite here and there.  I feel craptastic.

My back is really bugging me too.  I'm just a bundle of complaints today, aren't I?  I haven't gone to get my X-rays done yet, but have the referral from my GP so just have to get my butt down there.  I'm really looking forward to yoga as I always feel so much better after, and have a massage scheduled for next week...soooo looking forward to it.

OK, I can't end a post on such a downer!  I've been checking out yoga mats and I think I'm going to order a Manduka Black Mat Pro - supposed to be the cadillac of yoga mats, and should last forever.  I really want to make yoga a part of my exercise routine so don't mind spending a bit more to get a quality mat esp. if I use it all the time. If you're interested, check out their site at  http://manduka.com/   - I'm super excited!!

No comments: