Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Buble, Bryan and Booze-ahol


Yes, I have no shame - this is a gratuitous eye candy shot for all you women folk out there who read this blog.  Have I mentioned I'm going to see Michael Buble on Friday?  Heh...I may have a few times already but I'm gonna say it again - I'm going to see Michael Buble!!!  Giddyup!  I'm currently listening to him on my iPod to get familiar with his stuff and I gotta say, I'm really likin' it - happy, upbeat stuff.  And that voice!  And those eyes, and those lips...and those..errrhhh... *cough cough*.  Aaaannnyways,  me and my homies R and A are heading over to Van Friday morning and doing a wee bit of a pit stop at Ikea - one of our favourite places on earth.  I love going to Ikea with these ladies cuz we meander through slowly and really look at everything, whereas when I go with Hubs, we're in and out in 30 minutes flat. Concert is Friday night, and the next day we're going to see Bryan Adams at the PNE - Hubs is coming over and meeting us there for Bryo so should be a great weekend!  I'm so looking forward to our little get away, it's been awhile since our last girl's weekend.

So....I'm sure you're then thinking well...when is she gonna do her long run then?  Isn't Sunday cooking day?  Is she gonna be a jam tart and blow it off?  We're coming back Sat late afternoon so I'm hoping that I won't be misbehaving toooo badly Friday night and that I'll be in OK shape to run 32K (gulp) Sunday morning.  I think I'm going to run the first 16K with Hubs, and then meet up with my coworker M and the Sunday Running Room drop in group for the second 16K.  I just hope I don't hold anyone up as I really dragged my ass last week but the weather is supposed to be much cooler this weekend so I really want to get this one out of the way.  I was half thinking of switching the weeks and doing 15K but that would mean three 30K plus runs in a row.  I'm crazy but not that crazy!!  I'm going to have to a really easy cooking week (no Rebar cookbook this time!) and do some fast dishes so I'm not standing for 6 hours after running for 3 1/2 hours.  Geez, just reread that last line - maybe I am a little crazy. 

1 comment:

Angie said...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
I can hardly wait!

I hope Mr.Gee is studying up on his BA... I'm putting together that test!!!