Monday, August 30, 2010

Meh

*grumble*  Yep, I'm cranky today.  On the cranko-meter, I am definitely hitting a 9, maybe even a 10.  Egads, Hubs might have to watch out or he might lose an eye.  My foot is bugging me and I'm icing it as I sit here, stupid thing.  I got next to no sleep last night - it was one of those nights where I woke up every hour on the hour, and then fiiiinallly fell asleep around 3:30.  I could barely drag myself out of bed this morning when the alarm went off at 5:30am...and once I did get up, I had a stuffed up nose, a scratchy throat and general malaise.  Oh great.  As the morning progressed, I got colder and colder and my nose got runnier and runnier - I have a full on cold now and am sitting here feeling sorry for myself and rather miserable.  Bleh.

My day did have a happy moment though....I, Foodie at the Finish Line, have been given my first bloggie award!!!!!  YAY ME!!!!  I've been awarded the Cherry on Top award by Hunnybee....


Along with great power comes great responsibility, so there are a few things I need to do before I can accept this award:

1. Answer the question:  If you had one chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?

I would have taken that leap to become independent from my parents when I was 21 (Asian parents are notoriously overprotective of their kids, esp. girls)  and moved to Vancouver to go to school to become a nutritionist...my parents felt that because I was a girl, that I didn't need an education...sigh.  In hindsight, that would have been the perfect career for me.

2. Pick 6 people and give them this award. You then have to inform the person that they have been selected for the award.

1.  KEW & A
2.  From French Fries to Flax Seeds
3.  Run Sarah
4.  Confessions of a Health Nut
5.  My Little Big Life
6.  Food and Whine

3. You have to thank the person (people) who gave you the award.

Thanks Hunnybee!  I totally admire how you fit in being healthy, training for a half marathon and balancing it with having a beautiful family - don't know how you do it!  I'd like to also thank my mom and dad for always being there and my Hubs for his undying support and...and....

3 comments:

Cindy said...

gaaah....I was supposed to actually link these blogs in my post!! yep, technically challenged...these blogs are all in my blogroll - so check them out there, peeps!

Marianne said...

This is my first bloggie award too! Thank you so much! :)

Marianne (frenchfriestoflaxseeds) said...

Because I'm horrible at keeping up on my email and comments, I'm just coming over here now to say thanks for the award! And good luck on your marathon training!