Friday, August 27, 2010

Someone Save Me From Myself



Soooooo...you know how the other day I was saying that I was going to clean up my eating?  That I was all good with it for my run?  That I had set all these goals and was going to start a few days ago, go me, I'm so great, rah rah rah?

Since I got home from work today, all I've done is eat.  Eat, eat, eat.  It's like my body knows that I'm going to be depriving it of all my favourite things, and I'm craving everything.  EVERYTHING!!!  Salty, sweet, creamy, crunchy.  And I have the willpower of a gnat today.  I went grocery shopping after work today, and picked up some of those Quaker's rice cakes - those little snack ones.  As soon as I got home, I ripped that bag open and scarfed down pretty much the whole bag.  Hubs got home, and we had dinner - prime rib/gravy with some veggies.  You'd think I'd be full, right?

Not so, my friends...not so.  Friday night is hockey night for Hubs - and no sooner is he out the door and barely even down the street and I'm in the garage, scrounging around in our Goodie Box.  We have this banker's box packed full of our garbage food like chips, chocolate and cookies, that we only eat once a week as a treat.  We "hide" it in the garage - out of sight, out of mind, right?  I pulled out some chocolates and pour myself a bowl of chips and sneak back to the computer to catch up on some blogs.  Hubs will neeeeevvvver ever know.

Hmm.  Feeling peckish again, so I start scrounging around in the fridge.  Victory!  BBQ pork buns that my mom made for us.  I warm up one of those too, and eat that.  Delish.  OK, you ask - you MUST be full after that?

Nope.  I grab some rice crackers and start spreading smoked salmon cream cheese on them - you know, cream cheese made with cow's milk.....AKA dairy.  Which I'm hugely sensitive to and makes my tummy hurt.  Super.

I'm such a train wreck.  OK - I swear - I will start for sure on Sunday...after I have pizza tomorrow.  Heh.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I swear one of your legs is hollow... where the hell does all that food go?!?!?!
On the bright side... I think 32K will burn off all that stuff pretty well!