Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Eighty Days


Eighty days.  Wow.

The countdown has started....eighty more days until I do this thing and run the marathon.  I'm starting to think about it a lot more now, and allowing myself to think about what it might be like to cross that finish line.   For the longest time I didn't really let myself think about it, in case I face disappointment like I did last year...but I'm staying positive and I'm doing all the right things (or at least I think I am!) to finish the marathon and cross this puppy off my bucket list.  I bought another pair of runners tonight so I can start rotating my shoes, and booked an immune booster shot at my naturopath so I can hopefully avoid getting sick like I did last year when my mileage started getting really high.  I've been feeling extra tired lately...the early mornings are really tough, I'm not going to lie.  But honestly...whatever it takes to get my butt across that finish line, I'm gonna do. 

And that's all I got to say about that.

1 comment:

Meg said...

*rings cowbell* Keep it up!!!!