Monday, March 28, 2011

Gettin' Better!

Yahooo!  I went to see my physio today, and she's really happy with how I'm doing...she kept squealing (she's so cute!) and getting excited because she could see that I've made progress and I'm doing well with the exercises she gave me to work on.  She went through all the exercises with me again today, and we worked on really tweaking the finer movements to make sure I was getting them right.  She was testing my movements and could tell that I was holding myself and moving differently, and noticed that I was looser with less muscle knots because more of the power was coming from my core (thanks to numerous core exercises) rather than all in my legs.  And it felt like on the last run, I was running more efficiently (less side to side leg movement and body roll) and engaging my core more to hold myself up.  Woohoo!  All this good news however, didn't mean that I was able to escape without another killer IMS session - today's session was seriously epic.  She did about 5 or 6 needles each in my butt, lower back, upper back and upper inner thigh (I hate those ones!)...afterwards I felt like I'd been beat up!  Definitely taking a rest day tomorrow and letting my body rest and recoup.

So happy.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Great news!
But those upper inner thigh needles sound evil. I thought my lower back/butt/hip accupuncture sessions were bad... yikes!