Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My First Gratituesday

Over at Marianne's blog, I'd noticed that she does this cool thing called Gratituesday...and since one of my goals for 2011 was to write down daily what I was thankful for, I had to get on this wagon.  I admit...I have - once again - been terrible at hitting this goal so I'm going to slightly revise it midstream.  Instead of writing down daily what I'm thankful for, I'm going to do it weekly because I think I can stick to that.  So, I'm gonna steal Marianne's idea (yes, yes...I asked permission first!) and today is my first kick at the Gratituesday can.

So...what am I thankful for this week?  Well...given all the stuff that's been happening in Japan this past week and that I live in an earthquake zone, this one is easy:

 - I'm thankful that I'm alive

Yup, that's it.  Every day that I watch the news coverage, I thank my lucky stars that I'm still here. 

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Life is the best thing to be grateful for, isn't it?

Angie said...

there is a Gratitude app for the iPhone that i just started using. Not always great at remembering... but you can post to it and rate your day and even add a pic. Once you finish your post you get a inspirational quote. Anything we can do to help us to remember to be grateful is a good thing!