Saturday, October 23, 2010

Crazy Eights


I can't believe how out of shape I am.  Like seriously out of shape.  I hadn't gone to bootcamp in 8 weeks...went this Wed and Fri and I'm really, really sore.   Like crazy sore.  I can barely get in and out of my car and getting up out of a chair is painful.  I'm actually more sore now than I was after running the half marathon.   I admit - secretly I'm one of those weird people who actually loves feeling sore because it means I worked hard and I'm getting stronger - but it amazes me what changes can happen in such a short period of time.  What's 8 weeks?  And it wasn't like I wasn't exercising at all - but I was only running and not doing any kind of strength work.  Eight weeks isn't a long time period at all, right?

That got me to thinking...if I can lose this much fitness in 8 weeks, what will 8 weeks do for me on the flip side?  The 10 pound challenge I'm in is 8 weeks long.  If I really stick with it, concentrate on the goal and really eat clean and exercise, I'll hopefully hit my goal.  Then I remembered...my bootcamp also does an 8 week personal training program where they'll do personal training sessions 4 times a week, one outdoor/indoor class, fitness testing before/after and nutrition accountability/counselling.  I'm intrigued...I'm looking into it but not sure what time of the day the sessions would be...early morning works best for me but we'll see.  I was thinking I'd do the 10 pound challenge to lose the excess jiggle, and then do the personal training sessions to really build up some lean muscle and get some really great conditioning.  My cardio is pretty strong but definitely my strength could use some work.  And I need the motivation to keep me going, which is why I like bootcamp - I need someone to push me and I think the personal training might just be the ticket...plus it shouldn't really interfere with my running schedule.  Oh...and the most important thing...lots more blog fodder!  I hope it works out, I'm excited to try something new and mix up my routine...it's hard to stick to something when it starts to get boring.

Side note - the number 8 is an extremely lucky number for the Chinese - I'll take that as a good sign that all these 8s will bring me success!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hmmm... me thinks you need to go back and ready you blog from September the EIGHTH!
Just sayin'...