Thursday, September 9, 2010

30 More Days To Go!

Holy shite!  I can't believe it - 30 more days to go until the marathon.  I'm getting really excited - I'm really hoping for a sunny, crisp day like we had last year - it was actually perfect running weather.  No wind, cool, sunny - so gorgeous.  I'm feeling pretty good and think I'm over this dang cold (knock on wood) - I went to my naturopath to get an immune booster shot to ward off any nasty bugs, and will get one just before the race to avoid getting sick after the race.  A lot of marathoners get sick after the run - your immune system takes a hit as running really hard and long suppresses it...plus if you think about it - you're out there running with thousands of people, breathing deeply and likely inhaling a few germs here and there.  Ewwww...no thanks!  I've taken the week off from work to hang out and recover, so I really don't want to be sick either.  My naturopath also suggested I take extra Vitamin C so I'm going to do that as well.  Whatever it takes to stay healthy and injury free.

Also - I'm back on the running wagon.  First time running since Aug 28th - almost two weeks ago!  I did a very slow 40 minute run on the treadmill and it felt GREAT.  My foot/leg isn't feeling too badly and it felt great just to move and break a sweat.  Running, I miss you so very much!  I admit my eating has been a bit bad the last few days - definitely when I'm not working out, my eating goes astray.  Clean start - 30 days to go - clean eating, lots of sleep, hydrating, and supplements...here I come!

No comments: