Saturday, September 4, 2010

Road to Recovery

Yessss!  Finally - I got more than two hours sleep last night which is making a huge difference in how I'm feeling.  I woke up this morning and my cold was waayyy better.  I'm still pretty tired but I'm on the road to recovery, yipppeee.  I might do a quick HIIT workout tomorrow and if I'm feeling better, will do a shorter run on Monday with Hubs - probably a 10- 15K run and will save the biggie for the next Saturday.  I'm still feeling guilty for not running, but I know it was the smart thing to do.

I think I've found myself a new favourite running magazine - I usually read Runner's World, but lately have been picking up Canadian Running and am really, really enjoying it.  The latest Sept/Oct issue is focussed on marathons and I read it from cover to cover - lots of great information and it's kind of cool when they talk about races or people that I'm familiar with.  I have a subscription to Runner's World, but think I'm going to subscribe to Canadian Running as well.    Two thumbs up!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Glad you are on the mend! Try to let the guilt go - you're listening to your body, and that is a GOOD thing.

I really like Canadian Running, too. I find the tone a little different than Runner's World. I'll have to check out the new edition!