Thursday, September 16, 2010

Are You There, Universe? It's Me, Cindy


Oh yayz!  I am back at the yoga tonight after what feels like an interminable time away and I'm dying dying DYING to get back at 'er.  I had to skip my final class in my last session and then there was a two week break until the Fall session started, so I'm feeling the need for some zen-ness in my life right now.  I'm taking it with two ladies in my hood who haven't done yoga before, so should be fun - I hope they enjoy it and don't curse me under their breath as we get into our poses.  I remember my first class clearly - runners are notoriously stiff so getting into downward dog or pigeon pose was not easy.  Actually getting into the poses isn't too bad, it's extracting yourself out of them that is the hard part! 

Foot is pretty much pain-free right now, except I'm having residual twinging in my inner knee, not sure if it's from IMS. My leg felt kind of funny today...sort of weaker, if you know what I mean.  I'm getting these weird half face headaches too, after I had one of the worst headaches I've had in awhile on Monday.  I'm fallin' apart!  Anyways, I'm going to do a short run on the treadmill Friday and then try the old foot out on Saturday - 15K to start and we'll see how things go. I've been kind of deal-making with myself and the Universe - if I'm a better person, will she smile on me and let me run the marathon? I started to come up with a list of how I could be a better person:
  1.  I promise I will finally set up a compost box instead of throwing all my food scraps in the garbage. I always feel soooo guilty about this and keep putting it off.
  2.  I promise I will be more patient with people who are idiots. They can't help that they're idiots, so I won't hold it against them.
  3. I promise I will nag less at Hubs. This one will be tough. No one mention this to him in case I renege on this one, he doesn't read my blog so he'll be none the wiser. 
  4. I promise I will clean up my potty mouth. I keep things clean on this blog, but I have a mouth like a trucker and sprinkle f-bombs liberally at home.
  5. Alright...a serious one.  I promise that I will start volunteering. I've been thinking about this for the last two or three years but can't get off my ass (heh....gotta get the swearing in while I can) to do it. I want to do something food-related i.e. soup kitchen or breakfast club, as I hate the thought of anyone going hungry.  Or old people...I have a real soft spot for old people. 
OK...not bad. Those are doable things and things I can definitely work on - even if Mr. Foot doesn't get better. Universe, deal or no deal?

No comments: