Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Decision Made

Well, I decided to go with my gut and changed my registration from the full marathon to the half this morning.  I didn't feel ready to do the full and like I'd said previously - if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna DO it.  I drafted the email this morning and sat with it unsent for awhile in my inbox...maybe I could do it...maybe.  Then finally I did the deed and hit the send button...and I feel OK about it, which means I must be doing the right thing.  I just finished a really hard treadmill run which felt soooo great...the thought of not being able to run for months if I injured myself at the race would kill me!  My FIL was registered for the full but has a heel spur plus some other injuries so he's decided to change to the half too...so I was proposing to Hubs that we do this almost like a fun run since he's not able to go much further than 12K with his "broken bum" (what he calls his sciatica issue) bugging him.  I thought about trying to do a a sub 2 hour half, but 95% of my training were long slow runs so I'm not sure if I could even hit that if I tried at this point.  So I think we're just going to go out there, run for some exercise and have some fun!

3 comments:

Q said...

Enjoy the half marathon, that's nice that you'll be running with FIL. Hope your hubs get feeling better soon!

Angie said...

Oh man... I don't know if I can ever look your hubs in the eye now that I know about broken bum!

Angie said...

P.S. - good on ya for trusting your gut. The gut never lies - never.
Do we still get to come and cheer you on?